Model 3 played a pivotal role in accelerating the adoption of electric cars by offering an accessible, high-performance, and technologically advanced option that appealed to a broader audience. It helped shift perceptions about electric vehicles from being seen as niche products to becoming more mainstream.
Six years after the first car rolled off the assembly line and over 2 million units later, we are bringing a significant update to Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive and Long Range All-Wheel Drive.
This update brings more refinement and comfort — inside and out – while staying true to its sleek, uncluttered design aesthetic. We have not departed from what made Model 3 a global best-seller: delivering great range and efficiency with sports-car performance and handling at an approachable price point.
The upgraded Model 3 is instantly recognisable as a Model 3 with a refined body and presence, better aero, new lighting, and a brand new interior that elevates what customers love about Model 3.
Upgraded Exterior Design
Headlamps with a totally new aesthetic. Tail lamps with super bright colours and updated styling are integrated into the liftgate to improve fit.
Model 3 is available in two new colours:
- Ultra Red. A high-chroma colour with dynamic depth created from a multi-coat paint. It replaces Red Multi-Coat.
- Stealth Grey. A rich and dynamic dark grey metallic colour that accentuates the shape of Model 3. It replaces Midnight Silver Metallic.
Efficiency and Charging
Model 3 has been optimized for aerodynamics. Sharper body lines and aero-optimized surfaces reduce drag, improve wind noise and increase range. Wheels and tires have been redesigned, offering updated styling with improved aerodynamics, paired with noise – and range – optimized tires.
Upgraded Model 3 has the lowest absolute drag of any Tesla: 0.219.
Most improvements brought to Model 3 are noticeable in the cabin, which has been fully redesigned:
- It features a cocoon-like cabin architecture with premium materials (real aluminium, textiles, etc.) and elevated levels of execution.
- Seats are all new – front and rear. Front seats are now ventilated and heated seats all-round, as standard, are fully integrated into automatic climate controls.
- Re-designed centre console covered in aluminium, expansive storage, dual wireless phone chargers. Fast-charge laptops and more with one front and two rear USB-C charging ports, each with up to 65W of power.
- Seamlessly connect it all with Bluetooth to sync everything from your contacts to your music.
- Our super bright and responsive 15,4” centre display is the same size as before but with more usable screen area thanks to thinner bezel. It features customizable UI and gets better over time with OTA updates.
- For the first time, Model 3 offers customizable ambient lighting wraps around the full cabin. Owners can match the colour to their mood of the day in a quick touch.
- Rear passengers now have access to a new 8” rear display with integrated climate control, ventilation, and entertainment. More will come in the future, with OTA updates.
Model 3’s cabin is now a whisper quiet cabin, thanks to our 360˚ acoustic glass, improved suspension bushings, seals and sound-dampening materials. All combined significantly reduce noise:
- 30% wind noise improvement
- 20% road noise improvement
- 30% ambient noise isolation improvement
- 25% impact noise improvement
All Tesla vehicles offer studio-quality sound system, upgraded Model 3 is no exception. Our new Tesla-designed premium audio system features 17 speakers, dual subwoofers and dual amplifiers for Model 3 Long Range and 9 speakers, a single subwoofer and amplifier for Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive. All includes native support for Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal. Phone calls are now better than ever too, thanks to additional and more capable microphones, delivering improved call quality.
Connectivity is industry leading, with a 30% improvement for Cell Range, 50% Cell signal, 2x Wi-Fi range and 10x Phone Key performance via UWB.
At Tesla, we’re always looking for ways to enhance driving experience. With upgraded Model 3, no need to manually unlock your vehicle, power it on or disengage parking brake – all is managed automatically.
Once you’re seated and belted, simply press the brake pedal and swipe up or down on the left-side of the screen to engage Drive or Reverse. The gear-shifter automatically appears when you press the brake or at low speeds, for quick changes.
And when Autoshift Out Of Park (Beta) is enabled, simply buckle your seat belt, close the door and press the brake – the car will automatically select Drive or Reverse according to your surroundings. Just like the latest Model S and Model X.
Stalks are replaced with steering wheel controls for an uncluttered driving experience, including both haptic switches and physical buttons. Indicators are placed on the left branch to be reachable right where your left thumb naturally sits. With an all-new haptic button, you can quickly turn on or off the indicator to signal a direction change. And when our Auto-Cancel feature is activated, turn signals cancel automatically when Model 3 detects completion of a manoeuvre such as a merge, lane change, or a fork in the roadway. In these situations, the stalk-less experience delivers an ever more simple experience than traditional stalks.
At Tesla, safety is always the number one feature. The latest Model 3 includes several Tesla-first safety features for side-impact-protection, built on top of our already-world’s-safest platform architecture.
Both front door pillars are equipped with a blind spot indicator in the upper speaker grille. When a vehicle is detected in your blind spot in an adjacent lane a red light appears in the upper speaker grille.
In accordance with EU regulation, Model 3 is now equipped with a chime which sounds when the determined speed limit is exceeded. Pressing the speed limit sign on the touchscreen mutes the speeding chime and display for the rest of the drive. As required in EU, the speeding warnings automatically re-enable at the start of every drive cycle (every time the vehicle is in Park and you walk away). Customers in Ireland can now order upgraded Model 3 on the Model 3 Configurator, starting at €42,990 with deliveries beginning in January 2024.